Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Christmas lights

Tis the advent season. Time to decorate the eves with light. Well, we have a new roof line since we doubled the carport and so my carefully maintained lights from previous years didn't work. also one plug in the center of the many connected strings doesn't work anymore (even though I checked them before I put them up). So, various strings burned out and I pretty much had to start over. Well, my husband, Jules came home halfway through the 1st day of the project, gave me many helpful pointers and some I told you so's and some I would have told you so's and we decided that we needed to get 2 new icicle strings. Of course, the one's I bought weren't the same length as the bad ones and I had tried to connect icicle strings to regular strings. So... I had to completely start over adding more little hooks which I had to find by digging in my miscellanous hardware drawers in our storage room. We finally finished up the project about 6pm on Monday and our house looks like a fairy land! Our cars look like they are on a car lot because all the lights reflect in them and sparkle. I plugged them in today before I left for the gym at 5am and really enjoyed coming home to our sparkling house!
Enjoy the season, try not to stress out and put up a few lights

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that you started a blog. Your lights look so festive. Since you mentioned it, I would love to see a picture of the extended carport. We can't wait to see it in person in January.
Miss you and love you,
Kirs and Fam.