Sunday, May 31, 2020

It's all about family, More Home School fun, Canning and using fresh produce

Arizona is starting to open up.  Gary and I actually went to eat at Hopdoddies which felt really good especially eating their Parmesan truffle fries!  However, I am still sheltering in place and the AZ numbers of this horrible Virus are up and down, but down from what they were mid April to mid May.  The % positive of tests are down from their high so that is good.  I don't think church is going to start up anytime soon and who knows when the choir will be able to sing again.  AZ does have guidelines for churches to start to open but the Methodist Church follows the Bishops guidelines and he has to consider AZ and Nevada and the church as a whole.  I think that we should open up for younger people with social distancing.  I think that would be safe. I really hope we can start ballroom dancing again in the fall.  I really miss that!
 I wonder how all these protests at the sad and horrible death of George Floyd will effect Covid numbers.  All of a sudden it is OK for all these protesters to be crowded together on the streets.  I haven't heard one word about social distancing.
 Well, on to other things.  Ryan and I have been building up Grandma's berms so she can get a full irrigation.  Ryan and I went over to check out the berms during irrigation.  There was Mom in the front yard with her sweet flowered hat checking the irrigation.  I said,  I see you're irrigating the Ayraud acres.  She said yes I am.  The yard filled up pretty good without going into the yard to the south.   It is still running in the street, but only when the yard is full and the irrigator said that is OK because if we build up the front berm more, we will also have to build up the whole south berm more.  He will turn it off when it starts running in the street.
Two people in my family need prayers for healing.  Star is getting out of ICU tomorrow after a fight for her life. She has a funny way about her and has cracked me up many a time.   Noel is having surgery tomorrow at 7am to have a new, stronger plate put on his femur after the original plate put on after a fracture in 2017 cracked. Noel is the bravest person I've ever met. I don't know how many surgeries he's had to have.  He always cracks a joke to spite the most recent broken bone.  Please Lord, watch over and protect Star and Noel. 



 Jules making elephant toothpaste when learning about exothermic reactions.  This is part of our chemistry studies: we combined 6% H2O2 with yeast, warm H2O and Dish Soap.  The temp went from 78.2 to 106.3 after adding the yeast and warm water!  Did you know that the Bombardier beetle ejects a exothermic boiling hot, horrible smelling spray for protection? 

Strong peroxide is no more!  Changed to water and oxygen
Faye's kitchen
Marinara Sauce from home grown tomatoes


Yummy peaches

Peaches and apples lined up in brown paper bags to ripen

Trying to use up my peaches:  Made jam, cobbler, peach applesauce and peach bread

Memorial Day with Mom.  We always bring roses for Dad
 We always go to to the cemetery on Memorial Day.  They usually put flags on all the veteran's graves, but they missed the old part of the cemetery this year.  Said Hey to Dad and were happy that we didn't loose Grandma Cooley this year.  Last year her grave stone had sunk down and we had to get staff to bring it back to the surface!  Everything looked great this year.  I didn't even have to trim grass growing over the stones. 
Peach bread


Starting to put up Mom's apples:  Faye & I made Peach Applesauce

Jules and her Lego tree house

1 comment:

Carol said...

Now is the time for all men and women to come to the aid of our country