Saturday, March 17, 2012

Feed My Starving Children and Flowers







For I was hungry and you gave me food.
Matthew 25:35

Blessed are those who are generous, because they feed the poor.  
Proverbs 22:9
Me packaging food for children
I spent the morning at church packaging food for Feed My Starving Children. We have been saving our pennies and dollars for the past year to get $24,000 for the food.  It is specially formulated to reverse and prevent malnutrition in children.  Dried chicken powder, dried veggies, soy and rice are combined with vitamins, minerals and some spices to make up this yummy? product (tastes sorta like a high power hot breakfast cereal).   My job was to open the baggies, place around the funnel to be filled and weigh bag adding or subtracting rice as necessary.  Each bag and box has to weigh close to the same for shipping purposes.  There were about 125 volunteers and we had 4 shifts.  My 2 hour shift packed enough food to feed 74 children for one year!  Pretty awesome!  If you want more information go to:  http://www.fmsc.org/.   I quickly shift to flowers imagining those children who will have a chance to bloom in life because of this organization! 


Iris just starting to bloom

Violets just finishing winter blooming
Nasturtiums starting to bloom

Statis starting to bloom
Torch cactus bloom

I know you want to see an update on my cactus flower.  Here it is in full bloom.  It is called Torch Cactus after it's beautiful bloom.  I've also included other flowers that are blooming in my garden right now.  

No comments: