Sunday, May 3, 2009

The Ugly Duckling Parrot

Julian called me at work the other day when I was up to my neck with the swine flu, had just heard from the doctor at the hospice home where my 90 year old neighbor was near death and reeling while trying to figure out how we nurses will handle 2 schools next year. Well the story he excitedly told me on the phone, made up for all those problems. He said that a little yellow parrot was eating from the feeder like you see in this picture. He was just eating away and stuck his head so far into the feeder that he couldn't get it out! He tried to get out but couldn't. There were sparrows on the feeder with him then and they shaked the cage trying to help him get loose. A larger parrot came up, stood beside him and pushed with his body and foot until the yellow parrot's head popped out! I realized later when I was taking these pictures that he has one injured foot that he cannot use. He said that it was the most amazing thing and it definitely was the shining light in an otherwise crazy and depressing day.



No comments: