Sunday, July 27, 2008

Climbing the Cedars




Climbing the Cedars

She climbed up in these cedar trees
She climbed so high she felt the breeze
She felt so grand as she climbed higher
The view was a sight, she was inspired!

However when she looked around
She discovered that she couldn’t get down
A little voice from high above said,
“Help me for I’m filled with dread!”

“I’m up so high and I can’t get down.”
“Is anyone here or are you all in town?”
Mum came out and looked high above
“Hold on tight!” she said with love

“Where is Coral?” Grandfather asked
“When I find her, I’ll take her to task.
“I know that she is only ten”
“But she’s been in my tools again.”

Mum said, “Finding your tools will have to wait.”
“She’s up in the tree again, in quite a state!”
Brother Laurie helped her down, he saved the day
Coral dried her tears and ran off to play

By Carol A. Ayraud

No comments: