Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Update on Christmas projects

These are some of the decorated aprons that I made for Chrsitmas presents. Each one was hand knitted with you in mind. I really had fun creating these for you and I hope you have many happy hours of creative cooking!
I made this one decorated with a Koala for my Mom, an Aussie. She met my Dad during WWII when he was stationed in Brisbane. We four kids have always felt very close to our Australian heritage. Mom and Dad took us four kids from 3 to 11 years of age on a ship to Australia in 1958. We met our cousins, saw our Grandparents again, held koalas, snakes, saw kangaroos and had many adventures. It was the trip of a lifetime and sealed the bond of our love for Australia. Mom just found out this year that she didn't lose her Australian citizenship when she became an American citizen. It was very exciting for her. She has sent away to get an Australian passport, why, because she can!

1 comment:

Kelsea said...

I love my apron, by the way. AND the blanket you and Grandma made for Romey is amazing! Thank you!!