Friday, July 3, 2009

North Rim of Grand Canyon 2007

I've been going through my old pictures and found these wonderful pictures from a trip we took with our friends Don and Connie and Chris and Mary to the North Rim in 2007. I decided they needed a showing so here are a few of the many from that trip. We are so blessed to be able to visit the Grand Canyon so much. I never tire of it! It was spring so there were many flowers. Maybe I'll put up some more of the flowers in my next blog.
Mary, Chris and Jules. I love this picture of Mary! I caught her in the middle of the best laugh.



This is the cabin Jules and I stayed in. It was right on the rim. No sleep walking allowed, because you only take about 5 big steps to the left and the edge is there. That reminds me that "edge" was Noel's first word. Noel, my nephew, is blind from birth. I was visiting my sister in Strawberry. Noel was on the bed and we were impressing upon him that he could fall off easily and showing him the edge. It must have made a big impression on him because we were saying,"Noel see, this is the edge" and he said "edge", his first word. We always said see and look and guided his hands to explore the object. Noel is now married working as a chemical engineer and living in a new house in Virginia.

Back to the front porch of our cabin at the North Rim. Here I am sitting on the rocking chair on the front porch of the cabin you see above.

No comments: