Sunday, April 13, 2008

Spring Flowers




It's spring which for Phoenix is the beginning of summer. Today, I consumed my first iced tea of the season while I was working in the yard. Today was also our 1st 90 degree day, 95 to be exact if it reached the prediction. This is a great time of the year, I can work in the garden w/o having to get up at 4 or 5am in the morning! I'm loving every minute of it! I have many flowers blooming right now. I have included pictures of a few of them.



Below are iris and larkspur with lover's lane red rose.





















This pink rose is called Memorial Day and it is the sweetest smelling of them all!


This is the end of the citrus blooms.


It is about the middle of the nasturtium season. They are great for a spicey, colorful addition to salads.

























The sunflowers and hollyhocks are just starting to bloom. They will bloom all summer.



The Mexican primroses are just starting to bloom, and are amazing for their dainty, delicate beauty.

3 comments:

Kelsea said...

I really like all of your flower pictures! We have the one of the mexican primrose you gave us for a wedding gift hanging by Romey's changing table and she likes looking at it. Thanks for your comment on our blog!

Anonymous said...

This is a training session for my cute, goofy husband

Anonymous said...

The pictures are great. I do enjoy looking at, and reading your blog. Thanks for doing it -- I can see what we've been doing in case it slips my "cute goofy" mind.